Tuesday, January 27, 2009

State of The Union :: Post II

• What would be my favorite piece? I have to say that my recent favorite piece would be a political satire that I made of THE CEO of the Memphis Zoo. I depicted him as the grinch stealing the trees of Overton Park. I took this into a series of die cuts and assembled it in a shadow box. I had a lot of fun with this piece. I normally work only two dimensionally. The work is two dimensional but the idea of making work in a series of layers in three dimensional form was something that I would love to continue in a series of works.
• I really haven't ever been told what piece people like the most. Recently I haven't been given much input on that.
• The piece that suprised me the most was an interactive adult censored children's book I made. I didn't think that the piece would come together as it did, but at the end everyone loved it. AND it functioned well.

• My five doodles sketches.






No comments: